Insidenews

Dailynews

Tributes are paid to Imelda Mounfield, who raised thousands for charity after her diagnosis.

Tributes are paid to Imelda Mounfield, who raised thousands for charity after her diagnosis.


Singers Ian Brown and Rowetta were among those sharing tributes, with the latter calling her a "beautiful friend".

Ms Mounfield, who had twin sons, was diagnosed with bowel cancer three years ago.

Alongside her husband, she raised funds for charity by organising auctions of items from David Beckham and Oasis.

She told the BBC: "I just don't want to be sat thinking about cancer and illness all the time, because it is all-consuming.

"And this was just a way to balance that out - to give myself something else to think about but something positive."

"Sometimes I have bad days and demon days and I'll have side effects. And other times people haven't got a clue that I'm ill because I try and carry on as best as I can."

Post a Comment

0 Comments